The expense scandal in the UK has resulted in a few token resignations:
First, Jaqui Smith:
Most damagingly, she faced the humiliating disclosure that her husband claimed for pay-per-view pornographic films on her Commons expenses. It has also been revealed that she claimed for items including a barbeque and a butt-plug.
Now for the rest:
- Two government ministers also say they’re going
- Two more Labour MPs are to step down
- Private prosecution threat for Chaytor and three others
- Cameron: Election essential to ‘cleanse’ Parliament
- The axe is also still hanging over Chancellor Alistair Darling
Penny-ante sneak thieves claiming phantom expenses for as little a few pounds. Tsk-tsk.
You know your country is FUCKED when even crooked politicians have no outsize ambition.
Give me Huey Long any day over these pikers.
“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” — George Orwell